We at Angadi of Spices, we have made available to you an excellent quality of true cinnamon directly from Sri Lanka.
The cinnamon you all use is actually, Cassia , is the most commonly found cinnamon variety which is native to China, is quite inexpensive and has high coumarin level.
Coumarin is a substance found in cinnamon which can cause irreversible liver damage over a period of time.
Check the info graphic below to find details you require on both varieties of cinnamon so that you can make an informed decision on which one buy
Cassia cinnamon is the common variety and is mostly available in all the grocery stores. Few points regarding this cinnamon is
- Cassia cinnamon is native to China, Indonesia and Vietnam
- It is the think and firm layer of the bark rolled up
- It is not very expensive
- Contains high coumarin level which can damage your liver if taken regularly and in high quantity
Taste: has a Strong, rich and slightly bitter flavour
- Ceylon Cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka
- Much thinner and finer in texture and very delicate to handle
- This is the good stuff and is more expensive and is not readily available everywhere
- Has ultra low coumarin levels and does not damage your liver like Cassia cinnamon
Taste: Extremely mild and very delicious. It has lighter, sweeter flavour when compared to cassia
Experience the taste of real cinnamon on Angadi of Spices very soon
Go to our products section to check our famous and most frequently bought products