This is one of the OLDEST smoothie recipes in the world
The whole spice used here in this recipe is Green Cardamom.
Green cardamom is used in sweet and savory Indian dishes. Masala Chai is incomplete without cardamom. Ayurveda swears on the fact that the tea made of Green Cardamom is the secret to longevity as it flushes out toxins in the body and keeps your internal organs/systems clean.
They also say that green cardamom should be consumed on a daily basis to stay healthy and increase our live-span
Here we are sharing with you one such recipe which uses cardamom and very refreshing. Before we dive into the recipe let us know more about the health benefits of it.
Lassi is made of Yogurt/Curd
- Aids digestion
- Improves bone health
- Great source of probiotic
- Prevents stomach bloating
- May treat bad breath
- Prevents cavities
Here goes the recipe
- 2 glasses of home made curd/dahi/yogurt
- 1/4 cup of sugar or as per your taste
- 1.5 cups of chilled water/milk
- 10 green cardamom pods - freshly ground
- Few strands of saffron (Optional)
Method of preparing
- Whisk the curd until it is very smooth
- Add the sugar and whisk again until the sugar dissolves
- Add 1.5 cups of water/milk and whisk again until you find a nice frothy layer on top
- Now add the ground green cardamom powder and mix it well
- Pour in a tall glass and add one or two ice cubes (optional again)
- You can also top it up with homemade butter and serve it with a lengthy spoon.
This is a summer cool drink recipe. If you are drinking it during any other season then you can totally use all of the ingredients at a room temperature.